House Director PKPP Psi LLC – Ithaca, New York
This full-time, live-in, exempt-level position manages the daily operations and maintenance of the chapter house, provides onsite support to the men residing in the facility and directs employees (chefs and housekeeping) and vendors to foster a safe and enjoyable residential fraternity experience.
Skills & Abilities
Collaborative Style: builds strong partnerships and alliances with others by identifying mutual goals and fostering open dialogue; approachable.
Self-directed and motivated: plans and executes work for self and others efficiently and effectively, demonstrates personal flexibility and resilience to achieve results.
Credibility: trusts others and is trusted. Maintains confidentiality.
Problem solving: solves difficult and complex problems with practical, effective solutions; agile.
Conflict management: finds common ground and creates cooperation with minimum noise; assess situations quickly and fosters resolution.
Servant leader role model: sets the standard for and consistently demonstrates the behaviors of servant leadership; always adheres to Pi Kappa Phi’s values and serve as a steward of the organization’s cultures and values.
Ability to lift and carry up to 35 pounds on a daily basis, climb stairs several times per day, kneel, bend and reach for items often, and stands the majority of time while working.
May work extended hours and/or non-traditional hours (i.e. able to respond to emergencies 24/7).
Indoor and outdoor work required.
- Manages house operations and maintenance schedule.
Directs day-to-day activities of property management company, food service provider and other vendors/contractors, as applicable, to provide a positive residential fraternity experience.
- Creates site-specific safety measures and procedures and is responsible for enforcement mechanisms to ensure safety measures are taken to provide a safe and securing living environment for chapter members.
Facilitate the tenant move-in and move out-processes, following pre-existing procedures.
- Supervises employees of the facility and ensures efficiency of staff through ongoing training, instruction, counseling and leadership.
Provides key onsite response in an emergency or any other matters of significant concern in the chapter house. Communicates effectively with stakeholders impacted.
- Serves as an ambassador of the organization and engages vendors as necessary and hosts events for the chapter, alumni, visiting officials and guests.
Fosters relationships with the University, peer groups and House Directors, through personal visits and attendance at community events.
- Serves as a positive role model for the men and an ambassador for the organization. Stays informed of on-campus trends and issues and effectively communicates with the men and serves the organization.
Meets with the Chapter Officers, President, and/or house manager to discuss issues, events, and how to better enhance the live-in experience.
- Develop and implement programs which respond to the specific needs of the chapter.
Manage an allocated operational budget, if assigned.
- Serve as a resource to the House Manager to complete daily and/or weekly house maintenance/cleaning responsibilities of the undergraduate chapter.
Perform routine maintenance whenever possible to minimize costs to the Pi Kappa Phi Properties, Inc.
- Properly secure the facility when it is closed to prevent unauthorized entry
Communicate with Pi Kappa Phi Properties, Inc. related to capital improvements and long-range planning.
Complete written reports, attend scheduled meetings, and perform other duties as assigned by Pi Kappa Phi Properties, Inc.
- Coordinate house inspections (fire, health, safety) with appropriate University / city departments where appropriate.
Complies with all local, state and federal laws, Pi Kappa Phi policies and procedures, and the University guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned by Pi Kappa Phi Properties, Inc.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to Danielle Palladino, via email (email@example.com). Position open until filled.
For More Information
Please contact Danielle Palladino, Coordinator of Housing Operations, via phone 980-326-3400 or email (firstname.lastname@example.org).